My name is Henry Trocino, Jr. I serve God of Grace Christian Fellowship, Inc. (GGCF) (Independent Baptist Churches in the Philippines, Inc.). I also work for Divine Business Appointments, Inc., a non-profit that empowers the poor through entrepreneurship training and capital formation.
GGCF Cebu – Sunday School, 9:40 AM; Worship, 10:40 AM Sundays, AVR 1, UP Cebu, Gorordo Ave., Cebu City
GGCF Garcia – 9 AM, Hda. Garcia, Bacolod City
GGCF Villa Esperanza – 10 AM, Private Residence, Villa Esperanza
GGCF Baldevia – 3 PM, Baldevia Bldg., San Sebastian St., Bacolod City
GGCF Toledo – 3:30 PM Saturdays, Private Residence, Bgy. Bato, Toledo City
Work Experience: Sales/Manager in a Fortune 500 company (20 years); COO of pharmaceutical company (2 years);
Ministry Experience: Missions mobilizing, Conference organizing, Preaching, Teaching, and Prison ministering for many years
Theological Training: BTh, Golden State School of Theology, CA; MDiv, El Theological Seminary, Cebu; ThM, MMin, Asian Theological Seminary, Manila (ongoing); Asia Graduate School of Theology, Manila (thesis stage)
Get the Word Out! (Word of Life, 2006);
Banana Theology (CreateSpace, 2015);
Lead Me to the Cross (CreateSpace, 2015);
A Theology of Tongues (CreateSpace, 2015)
Rich Man, Poor Man in Proverbs (CreateSpace, 2015)
The Victory of God (Createspace, 2017)
God of Elisha (Createspace, 2017)
The Nature of the Kingdom (Createspace, 2017)
The Blessings of the Kingdom (Createspace, 2017)
Research Papers: In this blog, click, “Theological Papers.”
Interests: WWII Documentaries, Systematic Theology, Biblical Studies, Missions, Travel (Favorite Cities: Bacolod, Hong Kong)
Pastors/Mentors Who Have Greatly Influenced Me: Jose Latorilla, Virgilio Blanca, Roberto Gequillana, John MacArthur, Adrian Rogers, James Merritt, Church Swindoll.
Scholars Who Have Greatly Influenced Me: Gadiel Isidro, Edwin Perona, Athena Gorospe, Ken Fox, Richard Bauckham, John Nolland, R. T. France
Regrets: Not Starting Theological Studies Early in my 30s!
Favorite Quotes So Far:
- “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I’m not sure about the universe.” — Albert Einstein.
- “Make a commitment to live with less so that you can give more to the poor.” — Ravi Zacharias
- “Study while others are sleeping; work while others are loafing; prepare while others are playing; and dream while others are wishing.” — W. A. Ward
- “Adhere to your purpose . . . if you falter, and give up, you will . . . regret it all your life.” — Abraham Lincoln
- “The man who lives in a small community lives in a much larger world….The reason is obvious. In a large community we can choose our companions. In a small community our companions are chosen for us.” — G. K. Chesterton, “Heretics.”
- “The matter is quite simple. The Bible is very easy to understand. But we Christians are a bunch of scheming swindlers. We pretend to be unable to understand it because we know very well that the minute we understand we are obliged to act accordingly. Take any words in the New Testament and forget everything except pledging yourself to act accordingly. My God, you will say, if I do that my whole life will be ruined. . . ” — Soren Kierkegaard
- “In my journey out of Calvinism I did not abandon the truth that God seeks His own Glory. Instead, I realized that God’s Glory is best revealed in His self-sacrificial love for all. I came to understand that God does not sacrifice creation for the sake of His own glory, but instead He sacrifices Himself for sake [sic] of His creation, which in turn reveals Him as the most glorious of all.” — Leighton Flowers
Current Big Projects Requiring Big Faith and Hard Work:
(1) GGCF Building Campaign (now in its 6th year; 4 years to go!),
(2) The Gospel Workshop – a training module for churches wanting to train their members in sharing the Gospel
(3) ACTS (Asian Center for Theological Studies) – a Theological Institute for the Rest of Us!